* Limit the number of people you invite to the ceremony to the number of people who can
comfortably fit in the sealing room.
* Guests do not need to dress in white, but should wear Sunday best. Women's pants are not
* Guests should arrive 30 minutes prior to the ceremony.
* If possible, an endowed female, preferably a family member, may accompany the bride and
serve as an escort. If an escort is not available, a temple worker will assist you.
* The bride's escort should arrive with the bride, groom, and witnesses 75 minutes prior to the
* Both the bride and groom should bring two recommends issued by your bishop and co-signed
by the stake president: (a) a regular temple recommend and (b) the Recommend for Living Ordinances.
* You must bring a valid marriage license. Be sure to check the guidelines for the state in which
you plan to marry.
* See Temple Bridal Dresses
* The temple does carry a supply of temple-ready dresses you can use for your wedding. Call the
temple to find out their guidelines and policies. Generally, you can reserve a particular dress by
visiting the temple prior to the wedding date.
* Veils, hats, and tuxedos are not to be worn in the temple but are appropriate outside the temple.
* No photography is permitted inside the temple. All cameras should be checked at the
* Each couple will have the opportunity for a brief photography session on temple grounds after
* Call the temple to find out where the best place for your photographer to meet you. Generally,
there is a waiting room inside for them.
* You may exchange rings in the sealing room following the temple ceremony.
* Rings should not be exchanged in other rooms of the temple or on temple grounds.
* Ring ceremonies off temple grounds, especially for non-member family, is appropriate.
* There are no facilities to accommodate hair dressers at the temple.
* Rice throwing, car decorating and other such activities are not appropriate on temple grounds.
* Elaborate photography sessions including attendants in tuxedos and bridesmaid dresses
should be reserved for the reception.