The following guidelines are adapted from an article entitled
"Temple Bridal Dress Guidelines" found in the June 1997 Ensign (p.
* Your dress must be white. To be sure that your dress is white,
you can use a piece of white typing paper to compare the colors or
you can take a swatch of material to the temple to be approved.
* Your dress must be modest. Remember that it must cover your garments. The temple requires that your dress has a high neck-line and is long-sleeved. However, if the dress you decide on is not, fabric inserts are available to the temple. These inserts often are a satin long-sleeved shirt you can wear under your dress.
* Sheer fabric must be lined.
* A train must be removable or be designed to bustle up during the
* Dresses should be free of elaborate ornamentation and kept in harmony with the simple and sacred nature of the temple ceremony.